The rules for participation are:
1. List 5 things that make you happy.
2. List 5 songs that make you happy.
3. List 5 bloggers that make you happy. Let them know they have been nominated, and you are done.
5 Things That Make Us Happy
1. Making things. - I seem to have some talent for it and I like it when people like what I’ve made.
2. Reading. – Getting lost in a fictional world for hours on end is fantastic, you can swap and choose your adventures.
3. Spending time with friends. – Sometimes spending time with people is more than I can deal with and I do like to spend time with myself, but the people I do hang out with are all pretty fantastic people.
4. Finding other people who are as obsessed as I am over the same fandoms etc. – Because then they don’t give me weird looks and have new and interesting theories to share with me too.
5. Sleeping. – Technically you’re not feeling much when you’re sleeping, but if I don’t get enough sleep I’m grumpy, therefore sleep must make me happy!
1. Mardy doing Mad Dog Face – he has a miserable face most of the time but when he grins his whole face lights up.
2. Road Trip Singing at the top of my lungs with Ashley (the Husband – most recently Aerosmith – Don’t Wanna Close My Eyes)
3. Knowing I have a free hour to have a cup of tea and read my book in peace.
4. Catching up with TV box sets (currently Game of Thrones and Supernatural)
5. Watching anything Musical related – especially A Capella! (addicted to the programme Sing It On – if you haven’t seen it go google it!)
5 Songs That Make Us Happy
So, favourite songs, right? The ones that make you stop and relax.
1. Take That – Rule The World – I’m not a Take That fan (at least not their old stuff) but whenever this song comes on I have to turn it up, and if possible replay it a few extra times…It’s the music as well as the lyrics.
2. The Calling – Wherever You Will Go – Just listen to his voice! One of the songs I listened to a lot when I first got into music as a teen. Spectacular. Accept no substitutes.
3. Taylor Swift – Haunted – I was slow to join the Taylor bandwagon, everyone was either obsessed with her or obsessed with hating her and I really didn’t need that drama in my life. But my brother was a fan and we share a music library so I was sort of flooded with her songs. But not just the big ones that were all over. She has so many fantastically understated songs – I don’t even know the names of them and I love them. I love the violins in this one and it’s edgier feel. It might just have been my first favourite, it puts me in mind of Apocalyptica. ( I also like Better than Revenge)
4. The Rasmus – Someone Else – So many of their songs make me happy, I’ve been to so many of their gigs around Europe it would be surprising if they didn’t! And while In The Shadows has a special place in my life because it introduced me to them, I’ve chosen this one because it’s one of their lesser known ones and it’s fantastic. Plus it mentions dinosaurs!
5. Negative – The Moment of Our Love – From the same time in my life (and country!) as The Rasmus, these guys just make me smile. And I can feel a need for glitter re-emerging, just watching this video! I bet I’d still be popping over to Europe even now, were they still playing.
1. Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars – This was our first dance song and always reminds me of our wedding day.
2. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off – This always reminds me of all my girlies, it was the unofficial anthem of 2014 – so many happy events. I even Hula Hooped to it at my wedding.
3. Chase and Status – Blind Faith – I love Chase and Status. In 2011 I went to see them and its one of the best concerts I’ve ever been too. It always makes me smile to hear any of their songs.
4. Alexander Rybak – Fairytale – If you don’t know yet, I’m addicted to Eurovision. I watch every year and host a Eurovision Party with games and everything. It’s awesome. This is one of favourite Eurovision songs.
5. Feeder – Just a Day – Feeder and Muse will always be two of my Teen-hood favourite bands and every time I hear anything by them I smile. Old School Love!
5 Bloggers That Make Us Happy
Obviously Veronika from The Regal Critiques - Thank you for nominating us! (And not creepy, we’ve ‘talked’ plenty of times in comments…)
1. Rhoda from Strupag – For all your wonderful tweets and for getting us addicted to book boxes
2. Jo from BookLoversBlog - For all your lovely comments. Thank you
3. Hannah from Broc’s Bookcase - Your reviews are always full of energy and passion and I love reading them.
4. Rachel, Now at Quite the Novel Idea - Again, for your lovely comments and your pretty blog layout
5. Lauren from Always Me – Love your posts and your use of Doctor Who gifs!