Sum it up Sunday is a feature post we are going to trial for the closing Sundays of each month. In these posts we’ll detail various things that have excited or upset us over that month.
If you’d like to join us in our summing up, please feel free! Just please, provide a link back to our blog. Thank you.
Stats for the month:
Books Read: 9 apparently!
Avg Rating: 4.2
Pages Read: 3,986
Books Bought / Received: 6
Books Read : 3
Avg Rating : 3.5 Voodoos
Pages Read : 900
Books Bought / Received: 3
What are you reading right now?
I’m hoping to start
The Wisdom of Sally Red Shoes by Ruth Hogan
What was your favourite book this month?
Wicked King by Holly Black
Without a doubt. This series is amazing.
What was your least favourite book this month?
Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter
It was interesting, but not the best to read with a fever
Next August by Kelly Moore
It was just a bit blah to be honest. I ended up skimming reading a lot of it.
What do you want to read next?
The Dark Days Deceit by Alison Goodman
What books did you collect this month?
The Wicked King by Holly Black
King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
Evermore by Sara Holland
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Ravenclaw Edition (both versions)
What books are you hoping to collect next month?
How are your challenges going?
The Unread Shelf Challenge: 2!
I completed the January Challenge and managed to read an old kindle book too!
Bought It, Read It: 1/3
Reviews:Nil but I have started writing up one so fingers crossed I will put it up soon!
Any rants or raves?
Anything to boast or even just chat about?
Uggh!! Why is The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen NOT available on UK Audible?! Now I have listen to it elsewhere *coughyoutubecough* and have to cram it into the weekend!
I love this series – I mention this regularly – and the narrator is actually pretty good too! But the fact that they have the first two but not the third is a major fail on their part.
1. Leigh Bardugo’s Grisha books are being made into a Netflix Series YAY!!! I can not wait!
2. I have bought myself a new book case and it arrives next week! I will share pictures as soon as I can. SO DAMN EXCITED!
3. Since joining the Unread Shelf Project I have finally managed to start letting go of some of the books I will never read. Its sad to think of all the money I’ve wasted but also a relief to be free of the burden of thinking I should read them. Has anyone else done this recently?
4. I passed my first AAT exam!! With a distinction! EEK!
5. After watching to much CBeebies Bedtime stories with Cas, I’ve caved and bought 3 of the books cos they were just so good. One was read by Tom Hardy and everytime we read it I hear his voice… yummmm. Obviously the morals behind the story are amazing too… (Odd Dog Out by Rob Biddulph)