We’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Zezee at Zezee with Books. We have been nominated in the past but it’s been a while and its always nice to have a refresher and reconnect with everyone.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are Zezee with Book’s questions and our answers:
- What is your favorite classic novel? Why is it your favourite?
P: Does Narnia count? Narnia is the first world I remember hearing about as a child (I used to listen to books) and it was just magical. If not, well, I haven’t really read any classics to be honest with you, I’m scared I won’t like them and that that will mean I’m uncultured, but am I more uncultured for not reading them?! haha, I’ve seen a few films to prepare me and have Pride and Prejudice on my to-read shelf, so we’ll see how it goes!
M: I don’t know whether it counts as a classic ‘classic’ but I love I Captured A Castle. It was the first book my Gran gave me a copy of and I just fell in love with it.
- For some reason, the universe is feeling generous and everyone gets $10,000 next weekend to go anywhere in their respective countries. Where would you go?
P: ALLLL the way to the top (kinda) to visit my family in Scotland. I never see them and I could, at this point, pass them on the street and not recognise them which is terrible.
M: I really want to go to the Maldives and sit on a quiet island and make my way through my huge TBR list.
- Have you ever seen a shooting star? Did you make a wish? Care to share? Did it come through?
P: No! I wish I had! haha, wish. So if I do, is that my wish all ready? I don’t think I’d wish for anything, I’m terrible when put on the spot. Maybe stronger will power?
M: Not yet but hopefully some day and I hope my wish will come true.
- What’s your favourite type of blog post to write?
P: It used to be Make it Mondays but they’re getting a bit of a chore now, I have to actively fond something to make each week instead of spontaneously making stuff. Possibly Waiting on Wednesdays, I can just gush about a book and it doesn’t matter.
M: I actually like to write the easy list posts lol. I love the Stack it posts or the Waiting on Wednesday posts when all I have is happy expectations based on covers and blurbs.
- Suppose you lived in a world where your life is a novel, what genre would you want it to be?
P: Fantasy. I’d love to go about, wacking things with a sword, throwing a little magic around and generally NOT being a damsel in distress. To top it off there’s pretty amazing outfits and manly men running about doing the same things too!
M: I’d love to live in a Fantasy World were I could use Magic and see magical creatures like dragons or trolls! It just sounds more exciting than working in the office every day.
- Of all the novels you’ve read, which character do you dislike the most? Why?
P: I…don’t know. I’m quite good about moving on after the hate…there is no one that stands out over others (or if there is, I’ve forgotten them…)
M: Urgh easy, I HATE UMBRIDGE (Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter). I don’t think I’ve ever found anyone more frustrating. I hated how she got away with being so cruel.
- What’s the most unique book you’ve ever read?
P: Goodness, you like these hard ones! I don’t remember! I’m going to have to start keeping lists. I’ll go with The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen for the utterly clever way that it’s written. I can’t tell you more without giving something away, but all is revealed in chapter 42, because, after all, that IS the answer :p
M: Hmm I don’t really know, I guess I’d say Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers because its the only book I’ve read where you’re supposed to dislike the main character.
- If you could meet any character from a book, show, or comic, who would it be and why?
P: River! Either River Song or River Tam. They’re both kick arse women with a shed load of mystery about them. I’d like them to teach me a thing or two…
M: I’d love to meet all of the cast from Once Upon a Time, I feel I’d have all the fairytale characters covered that way. Plus I love the show.
- Suppose you slept until your sense of time got muddled and when you wake, there’s no one around as if they’re still sleeping. Would you be able to tell the difference between dusk and dawn? (P.S.: The digital clocks stopped working.)
P: Probably not if it was cloudy (or winter), but I may have some clue! The birds outside sound different in the morning to night time.
M: I have no sense of time period so probably not, although thinking about it, I could if I was at home. because I know where the sun goes down in comparison to my house… but anywhere else… No.
- When do you like to write? Morning, noon, night? All?
P: I write when I have the time to be honest. I used to write a lot in the evenings after I’d finished everything else. But pretty much it’s when something comes to me, otherwise I forget it. With blog posts, I write them as soon as I can. usually in the evening too and usually the day after I’ve finished a book, if I can.
M: I only write reviews and blog posts, and I prefer to do them first thing in the morning when my mind is sort of clear of clutter and I’m not wanting to go to sleep.
- It’s the end of the work/school day and you’re exhausted. As you’re about to leave, Big Billy the Bully grabs your keys and runs off. The keys are your only means for getting home. What would you do? Anything is possible. Disclaimer: Your solution must include a ladder, a donkey, and fried oreos with green cheese. (I ran outta questions.)
P: I’ll use the fried oreos and green cheese (What IS that?) as bait and wait up a ladder, ready to drop a donkey on him and knock him out and retrieve my keys!
M:Haha love it. hmmm well I would grab the donkey, and chase him down. Use the ladder to trip him over and then pelt him with fried oreos and green cheese till he gave me my keys back.
And my nominees are:
- Amy @ Pages of Starlight
- Melissa @ Mommy Wants To Read
- Lauren @ Never Anyone Else
- Rose @ The Review Diaries
- Rebekah @ Wordsmithing and Worldbuilding
- Chrissi @ Chrissi Reads
- Rachel @ Rachel’s Reading Corner
- Jen @ The Bookavid
- Anne @ My Head is Full of Books
- Beth @ Ramblings of the Perpetual New Girl
- Czai @ The Blacksheep Project
My questions for the nominees:
- If you had to live the life of one character from a book, which character/life would you pick, and why?
- Would you like to be an author? What would you like to write?
- How do you organise your book shelves? By read/to-read, favourites, colour, author etc?
- If you could choose a book penpal to swap books with, what country would you like them to be from (or where are they from, if you already have one) and why?
- What mythalogical creature would you like to be if you could?
- If you were tasked to re-write a book what would it be and why?
- Choose a character. Who is it? If you could give them something you think they need/want, what would it be?
- Book before film or film before book?
- If you could turn any book into a film ( a perfectly true to the book film) which would you choose?
- IF your favourite character was an animal, what would they be and why?
- If you could change something about your society, what would it be?